Sunday, November 9, 2008

About ForexDiva


I’m a 30 year old woman who most people would agree would fit in better at a shopping mall than competing with the smart guys on Wall Street.

Shopping is one of my main passions - not that I'm a bimbo. OK, maybe semi-bimbo.


This is one of the key reasons I trade. It fulfils my love of buying and getting a bargain in return.

I started trading equities in July 2006. In May 2007, I started trading forex. And in April 2008, I started investing in corporate bonds. Surprisingly, my most successful positions so far have been in corporate bonds. I don't quite like that they're so illiquid, but do find very good opportunities every once in a while. It's been my saving grace, really, considering that it contributed the most gains to my 2008 bottom line with the least amount of risk.

It's the beginning of 2010 and my stock portfolio is still down in the double digits like a lot of other people, but I've got a few positions that are showing a significantly high double digit recovery, such as the heroic HWD. I blew up my forex account in a few short months in 2007, but have started making lots of progress in technical analysis because of this. I attribute this to my forex broker (who probably needs a restraining order against me) and a few good books that I read on forex trading, including books by Grace Cheng and Ed Ponsi.

I’ve allocated my stock portfolio in such a way that a small part of it comprises what I call ‘active cash.’ This means that I’ll very actively trade equities with this cash, allowing me to keep both long and short term positions whilst realizing some profits.

I know I've got lofty financial and lifestyle goals, but I am not discouraged by the fact that my largest trading account is only 5 figures at the moment. Laugh all you want because I'll be the one laughing all the way to the bank!

Disclaimer: Do your own homework. Do not in any way take this to be investment advice. You are responsible for your own portfolio.


2 comments:

Bublee said...

Hi,
Love your blog which i just stumpled upon and surprised as well as excited to notice that we have the same usrename. I am a mum and trade forex and hunt the internet for blogs, forex news and what other traders are doing and it was so refershing to find you. Go girl! :)Trading can be lonely so I had set up a website.was wondering if I can share your blog as I other traders blogs in there. The website is www.forexdiva.co.uk. Do let me know. I can be contacted at forexprodiva@gmail.com. Many Thanks!

ForexDiva said...

Wow, thanks so much. I had no idea people actually read and like my blog. Please feel free to share my blog, but right now, I wouldn't follow any of my trading advice as I'm having a rather bad run.